Is the DBA Dead?... or Alive (and Preparing for the Future)? [DBA]
Duration: 75 minutes
In recent times there has been some speculation and even a bit of doom and gloom about the future of the DBA. While the pessimists prepare for the worst, the rest of us knuckle down, keep our organization's databases alive and well and continue to do what DBAS have always done– we adapt to change and prepare to meet the future challenges of the infinitely dynamic world of data.
This session will present real world statistics on the evolving role of the DBA, the concerns facing DBAs today and valuable insights on the DBAs path to career success. Learn how the megatrends of DevOps, Cloud, NoSQL, Big Data and more are affecting your role today and how they are likely to shape it into the future.
Join Quest’s Executive Director of Development, Patrick O’Keeffe and Senior Product Manager, Peter O’Connell to explore:
- What are top trends impacting DBAs today?
- How do you compare with other DBAs in the industry
- Are you a cost center or a value center?
- How do DBA’s manage their evolving role while planning for the future
- How to increase your value to the organization