Data Modeling with Power BI
Duration: Full Day
You have data, and you have Power BI. So why can’t you glean any real insights into the information? Or maybe you’re dealing with a different problem: As you examine your data, you’re struggling to write the formula that provides the numbers you need. Either way, your problem is most likely with the data model.
This full-day pre-con introduces the basic techniques of shaping data models in Power BI. We’ll assess real-world examples that will help you look at your reports in a different way, and show you that with the right data model, the correct answer is always a simple one!
In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- Define business model entities and measures (dimensions and facts)
- Properly model header/details structures
- Use multiple fact tables, like sales and purchases, in a complex data model
- Manage calendar-related calculations using the proper date tables
- Track historical attributes, like previous addresses of customers or manager assignments
- Use snapshots to compute quantity on hand