March 18, 2014 – Participating in PASS Virtual Chapters (VCs) – which deliver free online training from leading data experts – is one of the easiest ways you can keep your skills and knowledge up-to-date and get involved in the community.
Serving close to 25,000 data professionals from around the world, our interest-based VCs provide technical content and networking year-round through live and recorded webinars. Whether you are a DBA, developer, BI or BA professional or looking to learn in your local language, there is a VC for you. We also have VCs focused on professional development and Women in Technology topics.
As co-leader of the BI VC, I know firsthand how much work goes into setting up virtual learning sessions – our VC leaders spend countless hours bringing great training directly to your computer.
Keeping both our leaders and our community of active participants in mind, we’ve put together the following VC goals for fiscal year 2015 (FY2015) and are working out the associated budget to support them:
- Increase overall VC meeting attendance by 20%
- Increase VC meeting attendance by 25% for the LATAM region
- Deliver 16,000 technical training hours to the PASS community
- Establish satisfaction benchmark metrics for VCs and solicit feedback for improvement and growth
- Increase VC sponsorships to provide additional learning opportunities for VC participants
As I dig into my first term on the PASS Board of Directors, I’m delighted to represent and help grow our VCs serving the expanding data community. Feel free to contact me at email@example.com with ideas on growing and supporting these valuable online user groups.
– Jen Strirrup
Virtual Chapter Director, PASS Board