Thanks to all PASS Summit 2011 attendees who filled out their post-event survey, and congratulations to Linda Zhang, who won the drawing for a free registration to PASS Summit 2012!
The survey results are out, and for the second year in a row, 99% of respondents said they would recommend PASS Summit to other SQL Server professionals. Ninety-six percent said the conference met or exceeded their expectations. Survey results showed that the most important aspects of Summit were the session topics, access to SQL Server experts, and quality Community speakers.
Attendees rated the following aspects of Summit as good or excellent:
- Quality of Community and Microsoft speakers
- Mobile Guide App and Session Scheduler
- Microsoft Product Demonstration Kiosk in the Exhibit Hall
- Women in Technology and Birds of a Feather luncheons
- Exhibit Hall
And those who participated in the First-timers program gave high marks to the:
- Welcome Reception entrance
- First Timer Orientation with Rick Heiges
- Speed Networking session with Don Gabor
- Pre-Summit Communication with their Big Brother/ Sister
Summit’s networking events, including the Welcome and Exhibitor Receptions and Community Appreciation Party, were well attended and successful in connecting the SQL Server Community, with 82% of survey takers saying they met people to connect with after the event.
Common feedback on ways to improve Summit included:
- Better Wi-Fi
- Access to power strips, especially on pre-con days
- Snacks during breaks
- Improved room planning and scheduling for less crowded sessions
- Having presentation decks available for download before sessions
Overall, the survey results placed PASS Summit 2011 as one of the most successful Summits ever. As one survey respondent noted, “I was feeling burned out on my career, and this trip to the Summit completely rejuvenated me and reminded me why I got into this field in the first place. The speakers were top notch, and the event was very well planned, organized, and executed. I'll be there next year regardless if the company pays or I pay from my own pocket. Great job!”